News about Claremont Savings Bank
FDIC Press Releases
FDIC Consumer News
Regarding: COVID-19 coronavirus
ALL CSB Branch lobbies and the Upper Valley Loan Production Office are CLOSED until further notice. All branch Drive-Ups, Call Center and ATMs are working at normal capacity and business hours. Please be adviced we are here, ready to help if you need us, just call or drive-up.
If you are experiencing financial hardships and anticipate having trouble with CSB loan payments, please call Customer Care and ask to speak with a Loan Officer. We want to help you!
Self-Service Banking Options
We understand there may come a time when you need to remain home, or are unable to visit a convenient CSB branch. We encourage you to use these self-service banking options*:
- Utilizing our teller drive-ups in both NH and VT
- Use our 24/7 digital account tools, Online Banking and Mobile Banking*
- Enroll in Online Banking
- Bank by telephone
- Chat with us
- Apply for loans online
- Open Deposit Checking and Savings accounts online
- Deposit your checks at our ATMs or by using Mobile Check Deposit via the CSB Mobile Banking App on your smartphone or tablet
- ATM funds availability: $1,000 immediately, remaining check balance within 24 hours/next day.
- Mobile Check Deposit funds availability: processing 3x daily, quick availability.
Security of Your Deposits
We understand the turbulence in the financial markets is concerning. Please take comfort in the strength of Claremont Savings Bank and the added protection of FDIC insurance as each depositor is insured to at least $250,000. We have plans in place to keep the Bank running smoothly, ensuring continued access to your funds.
Preparedness of Staff and Branches
We have taken the following steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and our customers.
- Extensive daily cleaning of all surfaces within each branch. This includes ATMs, door handles, teller stations, customer service stations, internet cafes, bathroom and any other communal area.
- Ongoing preparation for potential bank business changes.
- Comprehensive Pandemic response plan.
- Education for staff on ways to be safe and diligent in their daily activities. Staff are aware to stay home if they experience exposure to this virus or show symptoms themselves.
We will continue to monitor this situation as it evolves and offer updates on how this may affect our business, as necessary. Should you find yourself in need of assistance, please call Customer Care.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov.
*Mobile carrier fees may apply.
We’re with you. A part of your community.
From our founding in Claremont, New Hampshire in 1907 to our expansion into Springfield, Vermont in 2015, we’ve grown and changed alongside the communities we serve.
As a mutual savings bank we are owned by local depositors and overseen by trustees who represent the best interests of our customers and communities. So we put you first, offering a wide range of personal and business banking services, including enhanced features and no-cost benefits.
We are also a portfolio lender, which means that we originate and service most of our loans locally. That way we can deliver quick decisions and apply our knowledge of the communities we serve to help you find your dream home or grow your business.
Choose Claremont Savings Bank and you’ll enjoy exceptional service and trusted advice from neighbors who understand your needs and share your love of the community. We’re with you.
On February 13, 1907, Claremont Savings Bank was chartered by the State of New Hampshire. We opened that April, in a few rooms at the corner of Tremont Street and Tremont Square in Claremont, with one simple goal: offering neighbors a bank where they could save locally and borrow locally, right where they lived and worked. Today, we offer six locations in New Hampshire and Vermont, and we continue to grow and evolve to meet our customers’ needs. We’re with you. Making history together.