Since 2003, our annual Claremont Savings Bank Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $2,280,000 to local non-profit organizations for a wide range of charitable initiatives. These grants, which typically range from $500 to $5,000 each, help to ensure the success of local programs and projects that benefit all of us as members of the community.
Each year we award grants to help ensure the success of charitable programs and projects dedicated to the betterment of the communities we serve. Recent Recipients
August 6, 2021: Application Period Opens
September 17, 2021: Application Deadline
October (TBD) 2021: Awards Announced
November 4, 2021: Tentative date for Foundation Reception
Claremont Savings Bank Foundation makes grants one time each year to local non-profits that significantly enhance the quality of life and economic vitality in the communities that we serve. These grants are in addition to the bank’s regular contributions and the extraordinary volunteer efforts by our employees.
Guidelines are necessary in order to minimize requests that are not consistent with the Foundation’s intentions, which are listed below:
- Organizations must not discriminate, as defined by Federal criteria.
- Priority will be given to support the Bank’s designated Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) branch/banking areaOpens a New Window..
- Organizations must be Section 501(c) (3) IRS Code approved.
- The Foundation was developed to fund: projects, programming, and capital expenditures, with the understanding that there is no promise or expectation on annual funding to any organization.
As a general rule, the Foundation does not fund grant requests from individuals, political organizations, religious organizations (unless the request is a project or programs that are demonstrated to benefit the community at large), municipalities, or other Foundations or Trusts.
Grant requests are encouraged from civic, arts, social service, health and affordable housing organizations.
The sizes of our grants generally range from $500 to $5,000. Applicants may apply for amounts outside of these guidelines if documentation supports the nature of the request.
CSB Foundation Guidelines
In order to assure fairness, consistency and as much objectivity as possible in the grant allocation process, all grant requests will be accepted and treated on an equal basis. The Foundation Board will not consider a grant request unless it includes all of the following:
- Completed Online Application Form.
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) Certification from the Federal Government (Tax Reform Act of 1969)
- Amount requested and the total amount of project.
- A one page memo describing the applicant organization and the program for which it seeks funding
- Copy of the organization’s most recent Detailed Balance Sheet and Income Statement. Administrative costs, as a percentage of the budget, should also be provided.
- Contact person’s name, daytime phone number, mailing address, and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Carolyn Mackenzie
Grant applications will be received once a year for consideration.
The application period is currently closed. We accept applications once a year. Please check back in Spring 2022 for information regarding our next application period.