Earn really high interest just for using your account. And never pay a cent in monthly maintenance fees.
Really High Interest
ATM Withdrawal Fee Refunds
No Monthly Maintenance Fees
- Free checking that pays high interest
- 3.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 3.00% to 0.64% APY* on balances over $10,000 depending on balance in account
- 0.01% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)**
- Link to free Kasasa Saver® to build savings automatically
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Free digital banking
- Free Mastercard® debit card
- $25 minimum deposit to open
It’s easy to earn your rewards
So easy you're probably already doing it. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash® account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-statements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
That's it. Even if you don't meet your qualifications during the cycle, your Kasasa Cash account is still free. Plus, you'll still earn our base interest rate. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next month.
*Rate Information - Your interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) may change at any time. Rates accurate as of 4/01/2019. Fees may reduce earnings.
This is a tiered rate account that, based on the balance in the account, pays a high rate of interest, as well as a second tier rate of interest, if you meet the qualification criteria, and pays a lower rate of interest if you do not meet the qualification criteria. Please refer to our Deposit Account Rate Sheet for current rate information. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed on the Kasasa Cash account assumes that the interest earned in Kasasa Cash compounds; however, by choosing to have Kasasa Saver link to Kasasa Cash, you understand that the interest earned in your Kasasa Cash account is automatically transferred into your Kasasa Saver account at the end of the statement cycle and therefore does not remain in your Kasasa Cash account and does not compound. Additionally, you understand that the interest amount earned in the Kasasa Saver account may be less than the interest amount earned in the Kasasa Cash account.
When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Tier 1 - An interest rate of 2.9595% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is less than or equal to $10,000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier is 3.00%
- Tier 2 - An interest rate of 0.3993% will be paid on the portion of your daily balance that is greater than $10,000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier will range from 3.00% to 0.64%, depending on the balance in the account.
- When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are not met, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 0.01% with an annual percentage yield of 0.01%.
Qualifications - To qualify for the Kasasa Cash Preferred Rate and the ATM fees refund, you must meet the following requirements per monthly qualification cycle:
- Debit Cards: 12 debit card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) must post and clear your account.
- Electronic Statements: Receive your monthly account statement electronically.
- Online Banking: Access Online Banking at least 1 time each month.
You will qualify automatically for the first qualification cycle.
Monthly qualification cycle - Monthly qualification cycle means a period beginning one business day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one business day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
Compounding and crediting frequency - Interest will compound every month and be credited to your account every month unless you also have Kasasa Saver. Then interest will not be compounded. Interest will be credited to your Kasasa Cash account every month and immediately transferred to your Kasasa Saver account.
Minimum balance to open the account - You must deposit $25.00 to open this account. Only one Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back, or Kasasa Tunes account per tax identification number/person may be opened.
Daily balance computation method - We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual of interest on noncash deposits - Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit noncash items (for example, checks).
ATM fees refund - If you have met your qualifications for the monthly qualification cycle, we will refund ATM fees imposed by our institution and other U.S. financial institutions, up to an aggregate amount of $25.00 per monthly qualification cycle and deposit them into your account on the last day of your statement cycle. However, if you have a Kasasa Saver account linked to your Kasasa Cash account, any fee refunds will be deposited into your Kasasa Cash account and immediately transferred to your Kasasa Saver account on the first day of the following statement cycle.
Effect of closing account - If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited.